Generator Auto Start Module 99€
Purchase two pieces at 79€/each free-shipping
Generator Auto Start Module
The Be1 is a micro controller based Generator Auto Start Module enclosed in a metal DIN 96 case. It features 4-digit display, 6 LEDs indicators and provides Off, By-pass, Manual, Auto and Test modes of operation. This Auto Start shuts down the engine in case of alarms of Engine and Generator (e.g. Over-Under Voltage, Over-Under Frequency). You can configure 5 inputs and 4 outputs. The display indicates measurements, hours count and miscellaneous information. The Be1 generator auto start module features MODBUS via RS485. Software, free of charge, allows you to monitor the Engine, control the Alarms, open the Event History, program the Module and save the programming on a PC. A silicon gasket is provided in order to guarantee an IP65 ingress protection. By adding a few automotive relay, you can refurbish you generator. This generator auto start module is suitable for gasoline and gas engines. It features a special that is able to automatically terminate the crank when the engine starts to run. It measures the D+/W.L. voltage of the charger alternator or the voltage of a floating (flywheel) charger. The instruction manual provides all useful information.
Should you need more performance you can choose the Be24 or Be124 generator auto start. The Be24 features a strong key switch to start the engine. The Be124, in addition to the key-switch provides, incomparable functions not existing in a generator auto start module from other competitor. We mention only a few: the full 3-phase monitoring, Data l0gger function, multi processor techonolgy. BE24 BE124
Generator Auto Start Module Front Panel
AUTO mode Push [AUTO] until the yellow LED on the button will illuminate. The engine starts when the ‘Remote Start’ input activates and stops when the ‘Remote Start’ input releases. In AUTO mode, the Be1 will periodically test the engine if the parameters [P.44] and [P.45] have been programmed. During this test, the yellow LED AUTO will continue to blink. To program an input for ‘Remote Start’ see 7.07B on the instruction manual (option ). To program a delay to start and stop the engine see the table 7.00 (parameters [P 0] and [P 1]). Once the Be1 is in AUTO mode, push the [AUTO] push button for a short time if you want to select the MANUAL mode (see 2,2). In case of Alarms it is not possible to select the AUTO mode.
Generator Auto Start Module Diagram
Supply Voltage [***]: 5.5Vdc to 36Vdc. Supply Current: 50 mA up to 100mA
Dimensions: 96mm X 96mm X 47mm. Panel Cut-out: 91mm X 91mm, indoor operation
Operating Temperature range: -25 deg C up to +70 deg C. Humidity Range: 5% up to 95% non-condensing.
Weight: 250 gr., Vibration: 40mm/sec. Pick-up Input: Voltage input: 2 - 60Vac. Max Frequency: 10KHz
Generator Monitoring: Operating up to 600Vac. Accuracy +/- 1,5%. Frequency: 20-70Hz
Generator Auto Start Module Alternator Monitoring
The generator auto start module Be1 automatically terminates the crank when the engine starts running. When the engine is not running, the voltage of the terminal D+/WL of the charger alternator is approximately 0V. As soon as the Be1 starts the engine, a voltage appears in the D+/WL terminal. When the engine starts running, the voltage of the D+/WL terminal increases by up to 3V-6V. When the engine runs, the voltage reaches 14V (28V) needed to charge the battery. The safest point to disconnect the starter motor is between 6V to 10V. The default parameter of [P24] is 8.0V (See the OEM Manual).
Generator Auto Start Module Modbus Monitoring
By using our industrial grade MDBUS-USB converter you can connect a computer up to 1000m far away. You can monitor and control , via the RS485, your emergency generator by running our free of charger software for Remote Control Monitoring BE1 V1.6.
PURCHASE THE RS485-USB CONVERTER 66€ FREE SHIPPING
Generator Auto Start Module Reading Parameters
Reading the generator auto start module parameters
To read the setting of the parameters, follow the instructions:
1) - Press the [ O ] push button until the LEDs and display turn OFF.
2) - Push the [←] or [→] push button to select a parameter (section 7.0).
3) - Push [ ? ] to display the setting of the parameter.
4) - Push the [←] or [→] push button to select another parameter.
NOTE: if the pushbuttons remain inoperative for more than 2 minutes, the Be1 turns off the display.
Activating the password
1) - Enter the programming mode as indicated in section 6.10.
2) - Push the [ACK] push button for about 10 seconds until the display shows [PPPP] and ; release the button. The two digits on the right will blink.
3) - Push [AUTO] or [ I ] in order to choose a code (avoid the use of the number 42).
4) - Push [←] (or [→] ) to select the 2 digits on the left side. Repeat step 3) in order to choose a code
5) - If you want to exit the procedure without activating the password, press and hold the [ O ] pushbutton until the display turns off.
6) - Press and hold the [ACK] and [→] push buttons simultaneously until the [SAVE] message appears; the Be1 saves the password and remains in PROGRAM mode. To exit, push the [ O ] push button. You can change the password at anytime as indicated in the section 6.50.
Changing the password
1) - Enter the programming as indicated in section 6.10 and table 6.11. Push and hold the [ACK] pushbutton for about 10 seconds until the message [PPPP] and  will appear. The two digits on the right side of the display will blink.
2) - Push [ AUTO] or [ I ] in order to choose a code (avoid the use of the number 42).
3) - Push [←] to select the 2 digits on the left side. Repeat step 3) in order to choose a code
4A) - Exit the procedure without changing the old password: press the [ O ] pushbutton to exit.
4B) - Save the password: press and hold the [ACK] and [→] pushbuttons simultaneously until the [SaVE] message appears (approximately 5 seconds); the Be1 remains in PROGRAM mode. To exit, push the [ O ] pushbutton.
Removing the password
1) - Enter the programming mode as indicated in section 6.10 part 3 (you are required to use the old password).
2) - When the display indicates a parameter, push and hold the [ACK] pushbutton, for about 10 seconds, until the display will indicate in sequence [PPPP] and . The code  disables the use of the password. Follow step 3A of 3B according to your needs.
3A) - Exit the procedure: press and hold the [ O ] pushbutton if you do not want anymore to remove the password.
3B) - Disables the password: press and hold the [ACK] and [→] pushbuttons simultaneously until the [SaVE] message appears (approximately 5 seconds); the Be1 saves the code  (it disables the password). The Be1 remains in PROGRAM mode. To exit, push the [ O ] pushbutton until the display turns off.
BERNINI DESIGN Generator Auto Start Module
Bernini Design Srl Via San Romano Casetto 26A, 46035 Ostiglia Italy VAT: IT01453040204 REA: MN160185
email firstname.lastname@example.org Tel 0039 335 7077148 24/7/365 support 0040 721241361