NFPA20 - EN12845 TEST MODE
!!! WARNING: ENGINE MAY START IMMEDIATELY !!!!
Be126 offers several ways of testing. It depends on the application: NPFA 20, EN12845 or ‘Engine Protection Mode’. Follow the instructions.
UNI EN 12845 TEST FACILITY
Every time you stop the engine after an automatic start, or after an automatic start shutdown, you are required to manually verify the circuits of the automatic start. You are required to wire an external push button to terminal JF-6 (Pump Manual Test Switch). When the condition to make the test comes true, the Be126 turns on the lamp 'OPERATE MANUAL START TEST BUTTON IF LAMP IS LIT'. After carrying out the test, the Be126 turns off the lamp. You are required to connect the lamp to terminal JC-4 (Manual Start Lamp).
UNI EN 12845 RESTARTING UTILITY
When the Be126 is in AUTO mode of operation, you have to periodically test the automatic system. Follow the instructions:
- - Push the [PUMP TEST] button.
- - The display indicates the message [TEST START].
- - The Be126 initiates the test by activating the DRAIN VALVE (output JB-5).
- - The Be126 will start the engine when the sensor detects a drop of pressure (*).
- - The engine will run for 20 minutes (you have to program the auto shut down).
When you stop the engine, or after the automatic shutdown, the Be126 will activate the external lamp: 'OPERATE MANUAL START TEST BUTTON IF LAMP IS LIT'. You are required to start manually the engine. Once the engine is running, the Be126 will turn off the lamp. We recommend that you consult the sections 10.9.7.1-2-3-4-5 of the UNI EN 12845 Standard.
(*) Note. If, after a minute time, the pressure fails to drop down, the Be126 will trigger the alarm [TEST START] (see the section 21.0.2 to change the alarm delay if necessary).
NFPA 20 CONTROLLER MANUAL: TEST FACILITY (Random Test)
When the Be126 is in AUTO mode of operation, you can carry out a test of the automatic system:
1) Push the [PUMP TEST] button.
2) The display indicates the message [TEST START].
3) The Be126 activates the DRAIN VALVE (output JB-5) to initiate a test.
4) The Be126 will start the engine when the sensor detects a drop of pressure (*).
5) The engine will run and eventually will stop according to your settings.
(*) Note. If, after a minute time, the pressure fails to drop down, the Be126 will trigger the alarm [TEST START] (see the section 21.0.2 in the NFPA 20 Controller Manual to change the alarm delay if necessary).
NFPA 20 CONTROLLER MANUAL: TEST FACILITY (Weekly Test)
The Be126 features a [TEST SCHEDULER] menu that will weekly exercise the diesel engine (see 8.0). You can program a day of the week, hour and minutes to start the engine. You have to program in the same day, hour and minutes to stop the engine. At the programmed date & time, the ‘scheduler routine’ will activate the DRAIN VALVE (output JB-5) and will display the message [TEST START]. You can program a timeout (see the paramter [TEST FAILURE] that triggers the alarm [TEST FAILURE WARNING] in section 21.0.2). The engine will run for the programmed time and the [EVENT HISTORY] will record all events indicating date & time. The embedded data logger will record all events and the variation of pressure.
We recommend that you consult the chapter 12 of the NFPA 20 Standard.
ENGINE PROTECTION MODE TEST FACILITY
You enable the ‘Engine Protection Mode’ by connecting the terminal JF-10 to battery minus. This setting is used in general purpose diesel water pump for various applications: farm irrigation systems, irrigation for agriculture, pumping stations for water supply systems, automatic diesel pumping stations. In these applications the Be126 plays the additional important role of protecting the diesel engine.
You have at your disposal a wide choice of test options:
- start the engine directly by using the scheduler without using a drain valve
- test the engine starting circuits holding the fuel valve closed
- run the engine on a daily basis for a programmed time
- test the engine at nominal or idle speed
The settings to configure test are included in the [MISCELLANEOUS] and [TEST SCHEDULER] sub-menu (see section 8.0 of the NFPA 20 controller manual).